If you’re looking to improve the appearance of your truck with wheel modifications, you might be somewhat frustrated by the difficulty of getting the right wheel offset or brake caliper clearance.
Or perhaps you’re interested in enhancing stability and improving the handling for your truck. In either case, a good solution to your problem is getting for yourself the best wheel spacers for trucks. Available in various thicknesses, these metal spacers increase the distance between your truck’s wheel and hub and widen your vehicle’s track.
With so many wheel spacers available on the market, it’s important you don’t end up with a cheap, potentially dangerous set. So we’ve reviewed the best ones for you below, along with a comprehensive buying guide.
At a Glance: Best Wheel Spacers for Trucks
In a hurry? Here are our top wheel spacer selections, in brief.
1. ECCPP 2X 3 inch Wheel Spacers: Set of 2, 2x3inch, 1-inch thickness, 70.3mm center bore, compatible with Buick and Chevrolet, T-6 billet aluminum construction, anodized for corrosion resistance.
2. easywheel Wheel Spacers: Set of 4, compatible with Toyota pickups, 6×5.5 inch measurement, anodized aluminum construction.
3. Spidertrax WHS007 Blue Wheel Spacers: Set of 2, 6061-T6 aluminum construction, longer wheel studs, best for Jeep Wrangler, 1.5″ thickness, 5×5″ bolt pattern.
4. KSP Forged: Set of 4, 1.25″ thickness, 6×5.5″ bolt pattern, 106mm center bore with lip, 6061-T6 aluminum construction.
5. ZY WHEEL Wheel Spacers: Set of 4, 1m thickness, black, compatible with Chevrolet, Silverado, GMC, Cadillac, premium 6061-T6 aluminum construction, 6×5.5 bolt pattern
6. Smart Parts Wheel Spacers Adapters: Set of 2, aerospace-grade aluminum construction, 6×135 bolt pattern, M14-2.9 thread pitch, 2-inch thickness, compatible with numerous truck brands.
Buying Guide for Wheel Spacers for Trucks
Before you decide on a set of wheel spacers, consider the following factors to guide you on your purchase.
PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter)
Also called the bolt pattern, your vehicle’s PCD indicates how many fasteners you need in accordance with the wheel diameter. Don’t worry; you won’t have to measure by yourself to find the PCD; you can easily look it up. This is of utmost importance, however, as a spacer that doesn’t fit can be very dangerous.
There are three main types of wheel spacers for different wheel and lug nut patterns: bolt-on, slip-on, and hub-centric. Whichever type is most suitable, it’s of utmost importance to ensure that the spacers are the right size for your wheels.
Bolt-on wheel spacers must be fastened onto existing studs to bolt them onto the hub. When the spacer is thus equipped with “new” studs, the wheels are then bolted on. It’s important to check lug nut and wheel pattern compatibility if you choose bolt-on wheel spacers.
Wheel spacers in the bolt-on style are fastened to extended studs or your own OEM studs. Slip-on-wheel spacers are most suitable if you’re looking to improve your truck’s brake clearance. Generally, it’s best not to go above spacers of 5mm width.
Hubcentric wheel spacers are designed to fit your truck’s wheel hub diameter perfectly, eliminating the risk of dangerous vibration. Hubcentric spacers are also bolted on, so to speak, but are more suitable for larger wheel spacers. In order to get hubcentric spacers, you’ll have to tell a machining shop your spacer width, PCD, hub size, thread pitch, and wheel center bore size.
Although ensuring vehicle and spacer compatibility goes without saying, it’s a common mistake many inexperienced people make. For example, spacers designed specifically for off-road vehicles, such as trucks and SUVs, come with their own stud pattern. So before you buy it, make sure the spacer has the right amount of studs to work with.
The thickness of the wheel spacer is another important factor, particularly in terms of safety. How far should your truck’s wheels be pushed out? If it’s too thick, the fender might be damaged. But if it’s too narrow, you might be risking an accident.
6 Best Wheel Spacers for Trucks Reviews
So you’re ready to give your vehicle a more imposing presence and enjoy easier handling? Pick from our 6 selections below.
- Wheel Bolt Pattern: 8×6.5 or 8×165.
- Thickness: 3″ or 75mm
- Inner Diameter: 126.15mm
- Outer Diameter: (7.913 inch)
- Thread Pinch: 14×1.5
Our first pick is this set from ECCPP, which comes with two spacers. With a five-lug bolt pattern, each of these spacers measures one inch in thickness with a center bore of 70.3mm. If you have a Buick or Chevrolet pickup truck from the 60s to the 80s, these are the spacers you should be looking into.
These spacers are made from hardened, heat-treated T-6 billet aluminum, which, compared to the steel build of most spacers, offer high durability. Plus, due to being furnished with an anodized surface, corrosion is also kept to a minimum. Despite the sturdy build, however, these spacers are quite lightweight.
Accurate fitment is a priority for ECCPP, and it shows. All measurements are provided, along with easy to understand illustrated manuals with installation instructions to make your life easier. Although machining and measurements can sometimes be off, this seems to be more of an issue with the reseller from whom you choose to buy the spacers.
- Tough T-billet construction with anodized surface for rust and corrosion resistance
- Allows for higher tire and brake caliper clearance
- Strong tapered seat for accurate fitment and installation
- Compatible with a wide range of 60s-80s Buick and Chevrolet trucks and cars
- Wheel Bolt Pattern: 6×5.5 (or 6×139.7)
- Machine Pressed: 12×1.5 Studs
- Hub Bore: 110mm
- 1 inch thick fits
For those of you with a Toyota pick up truck, we bring you this set of 4 spacers from easywheel. Reasonably priced yet durably made and streamlined for fitment precision, this set is one of the best you’ll find for your Toyota vehicle.
Something we really love about this set is that it includes all components required for installation, including machine pressed studs as well as nuts. Getting these bolt on spacers fit is easy, and can be achieved in the time it takes to change your tires. Accurate fitment can also be expected from these spacers.
So let’s look at some specs. These wheel spacers measure 6×5.5 and have studs measuring 12×1.5. If those measurements seem right to you, then get ready to enjoy greater stability and cornering traction. These spacers will also help you deal with any brake caliper and shock clearance issues.
- Anodized aluminum construction for a long life and corrosion resistance
- Ideal for solving wheel rub and stability issues
- Designed especially for Toyota pick up trucks
- Easy bolt-on installation with all required components included
- Wheel Bolt Pattern: 5.5 Inches
- Fit Type: Vehicle Specific
- Hub Centric: 4.18
Next on our list is what is arguably one of the most popular spacer kits available on the market, an offering from Spidertrax. Boasting premium quality construction thanks to 6061 T6 aluminum sourced directly from mills, these spacers also come with a protective double coating to guard against corrosion and rust.
Sold in a set of two, these Spidertrax spacers come fitted with relatively longer wheel studs and are receptive to being fit with new lug nuts should your truck require that. This eliminates safety concerns related to inadequate thread pitch. What’s more, this set comes with all necessary installation components for an easy, safe, and dependable installation.
Although these spacers are most popular with owners of Toyota trucks, these are also the best wheel spacers for Jeep Wrangler that you’ll find. Proper fit and clearance are one of the most important indicators of this set’s popularity, thanks to rigorous testing and a hub-centric design. And you’ll no doubt appreciate the aesthetic value of the bright blue anodized finish.
- Has a thickness of 1.5″ and a bolt pattern of 5×5″
- Packed with all necessary hardware required for installation
- Hub centric design allows for accurate installation
- High-quality aluminum construction for durability and longevity
- Wheel Bolt Pattern: 6×5.5”
- Thickness: 32mm/1.25”
- Hub Bore: 106mm
- Thread Pitch: M12x1.50
Available from KSP, this wildly popular set of 4 wheel spacers is the ideal choice for those of you seeking the best wheel spacers for Tacoma. Let’s start with some measurement specs. These spacers measure 1.25 inches in thickness and have a bolt pattern of 6×5.5″. The center bore (which has a lip) measures 106mm.
Forged from anodized 6061-T6 aluminum, these spacers are designed to not only be durable and corrosion-resistant but offer a heavy-duty performance that makes them perfect for use with trucks. If you’ll be fitting these on a Tacoma, however, we would recommend also buying the extended lug nuts for proper fitment.
Not to mention, the aesthetic value of these spacers is undeniable. Let these spacers help you enjoy a more aggressive look for your Tacoma or Jeep while also being freed from any clearance issues you might have with your truck. In terms of quality and performance, you really can’t go wrong with KSP.
- Perfect for use with Jeep and Tacoma trucks
- Each spacer comes with the sizing and part number laser-engraved for easy identification
- High quality anodized aluminum construction for durability and performance
- 1.25-inch thickness with a bolt pattern of 6×5.5″
- Bolt pattern: 6×5.5/6×139.7.
- Hub bore: 108mm.
- Spacer thickness: 1″(25mm).
- Stud/nut thread Pitch: M14x1.5
Next, from ZY Wheel, we have a set of 4 great wheel spacers that are a great choice for those of you seeking the best wheel spacers for Silverado or any other vehicle having bolts instead of nuts. Constructed from premium quality aerospace-grade 6061T6 aluminum for precise fitment and long life, these spacers are here to solve all of your clearance and handling issues.
These are 15mm spacers that come with lug bolts of 40mm. Each spacer has a thickness of 1mm, and a nut thread pitch of M14x1.5. It won’t be long before your Silverado’s look is improved, and its handling becomes a lot easier. For some vehicles, depending on the PCD, you might have to cut the lugs for better fitment. However, this is a quick process, and any garage can help you if you’re struggling to do it by yourself.
The construction of these spacers is one of their most impressive features, thanks to CNC processing. Furthermore, the anodized surface keeps corrosion at bay. Other than Silverados, these spacers also fit Cadillacs, Chevrolets, GMCs, and Rams. Just make sure you check the compatibility before you place an order.
- Premium quality aluminum spacers forged with hot pressing studs
- Anodized surface keeps corrosion and rust at bay
- CNC machined for greater fit and a longer life
- Compatible with a wide range of Silverados, GMC, Cadillac, Chevrolets
- Wheel Bolt Pattern: 6×135
- Thickness: 2″ per spacer
- Hub Bore: 87.1 mm.
- Thread Pitch: M14-2.0
And finally, we bring you a popular selection of wheel spacers from Smart Parts. Constructed from high-quality aerospace-grade aluminum, these spacers have a bolt pattern of 6×135 and a thread pitch of M14-2.0. Each of these spacers has a thickness of 2 inches.
Constructed from premium quality aerospace-grade aluminum and CNC machined for dependable durability and endurance, this is one of the strongest wheel spacer sets we have come across. The polished aluminum finish is difficult to not like. It’s also a great choice if you’re looking for the best wheel spacers for Ford Ranger.
So whether you’re looking to facilitate better cornering and handling, attempting to solve clearance issues, or simply want a better look for your truck, let Smart Parts make that happen for you!
- Available in black and silver according to your needs
- Has a thickness of 2″ with a thread pitch of M14-2.0
- Aerospace-grade aluminum construction with CNC machining
- Hub bore: 87.1mm, thread pitch: M14-2.0
- Ideal for use with Ford Ranger
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are wheel spacers?
As the name suggests, the purpose of a wheel spacer is to increase the distance between a vehicle’s wheel and its hub.
2. What is the purpose of a wheel spacer?
Wheel spacers widen the vehicle’s track, which enhances stability, improves handling, and makes cornering easier. Furthermore, spacers add to your vehicle’s aesthetic appeal by creating an aggressive wheel positioning. They also let you install bigger wheels.
3. How are wheel spacers installed?
4. Are wheel spacers safe to have installed on your car?
When installed properly, measured for accurate fitment, and chosen for their high quality, wheel spacers are very safe. But if you buy cheap spacers which don’t fit properly, you’re running a risk.
5. Is it possible to alter a truck’s stud pattern using wheel spacers?
With specialist spacers, yes. These come in widths between 15mm and 50mm per spacer and provide a new stud pattern.
6. What are the cons of installing wheel spacers?
Because wheels are farther apart, tire scrub radius and steering axis angle are higher, which leads to higher steering effort. Suspension can also be strained, with a possibility of decreased ride quality.
Finding the best wheel spacers for trucks doesn’t have to be difficult as long as you follow our buying guide and remember to check for compatibility. The pros of installing spacers are undeniable, but remember to also take the cons into account. Good luck, and happy driving!