Having the best windshield wipers for Jeep Wrangler or other trucks while facing scratch is not pleasant at all. It not only ruins the look but also feels a little distractive when riding on the highway.Â Â
So, can windshield wiper scratches be removed? The simple answer is yup but you need to have tools and then try the right procedure to solve that.Â
With a little focus and patience, you can accomplish a scratch-free surface. Here's how to remove windshield wiper scratches with toothpaste.
So, How To Remove Windshield Wiper Scratches With Toothpaste?
Keep the windshield glass dry with a microfiber cloth. Then, use a little amount of non-gel toothpaste on the cloth and scrub it on the glass for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Apply the water spray on the glass and wipe the leftovers using a clean cloth.
The ingredient used in toothpaste is somewhat a miracle that can effectively hide small wiper scratches on windshield.Â
Around 8 ”“ 20% abrasive is the reason why toothpaste can treat marks on the windshield. It's a commonly used material of sandpaper for polishing purposes.
Enough about ingredients, will using the toothpaste safe for your car windshield? The answer is yes. While containing richer elements and paste-like texture, it will no way harm the surface. And if you are facing trouble, be sure to check how to fix windshield wipers.
It would be a great waste of money since the procedure is pretty easy and time-saving. Another doubt of most people asks is ”˜does toothpaste really remove windshield scratches'.
- Bates Choice PS06 Set is one of the easiest and handiest tools for cleaning purposes. It includes 6 scrapers that are high-resistance, flexible, and reliable to simply spackle surfaces.
- Then, the S&T INC. 524601 is a set of reusable microfiber cloths. It is super safe to use on glass material stuff thanks to the lint-free feature. Plus, the pricing seems reasonable.
How To Remove Fine Scratches from Windshield with Toothpaste?
In the windshield of a truck, the scratch mostly occurs due to frequent usage of the wiper. A good toothpaste fills all the dents and grazes to make a level surface.
Repairing the wiper scratch on the windshield will cost up to $30 ”“ $60 in general.
Now, before you get ready to start the procedure, gather all the tools. Let's get started.
- Non-gel white toothpaste.
- Two lint-free microfiber cloths.
- Rubbing alcohol (optional).
- Plastic scraper.
- 1 Tb of baking soda (optional).
- A pair of latex gloves.
- Spray bottle filled with water.
- Painter tape.
- Check the scratch depth of the wiper in the windshield glass using your hand.
- Take a small amount of rubbing alcohol in a lint-free microfiber cloth. Then, wipe the surface in a circular motion until the glass is crystal-clear. If you don't have to rub alcohol, then make a mixture using 1 teaspoon (4 grams) of baking soda and water.
- Use a plastic scraper if you can't take out the stubborn grime from the windshield.
- Apply painter’s tape on the car windshield corners so that you only focus on the scratched area.
- Start by, taking a thin layer of non-gel white toothpaste on the microfiber cloth.
- Then, use it on the windshield scratched area in rubbing motion for up to 30 seconds to 1 minute. During the process, don't use force on the surface as it can damage.
- Next, take out the non-gel white toothpaste leftover using another microfiber cloth after damping on water.
- Now, fill warm water on the spray bottle using 1 cup of rubbing alcohol. Then, splash liquid solution on the windshield in the wiper scratches.
- Leaves the surface there like that for 2 minutes. Then, wipe out the surface.
- After that, check if any scratches are left. If you locate some, then apply another layer of toothpaste on the surfaces using the dry microfiber cloth. Do the same steps which you have one before to get rid of scratches.
- Take out excess leftovers using a cloth dipping under a water-rubbing alcohol mixture. This will help make the windshield look shiny while scratch is filled.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you polish scratches out of windshield?
Yup, you can! It's a good habit to keep the windshield glass clean and scratch-free using a buffing pad. Then, you can use Cerium oxide paste which is a good solution that fills scratches.
2. What kind of toothpaste removes scratches?
Any ”˜whitening' toothpaste can solve the scratch issue in glass material. But, the most effective option would be a non-gel texture one.
3. Is using toothpaste as a car scratch remover legal?
Yes, it is legal to use. As there's no restriction to apply over the car scratches, you can verily use the toothpaste as a strong remover.Â
Seeing the windshield wiper marks is a common thing as a driver. But wiping with the toothpaste to solve is something useful as well as easy to improve visibility instantly. So, if you got all the items at your home, then do try the described procedure as it's pretty simple. Hope you have understood the procedure of how to remove windshield wiper scratches with toothpaste and solved your trouble. See you soon with a new & interesting guide. Bye!